History.com said that’s more than twice the weight of the Empire State Building. Here are a few other interesting statistics related to Halloween:
- 9 billion pieces of candy corn are sold each year (about 36 million pounds).
- 72 percent of Americans give candy to trick-or-treaters.
- 30 percent of children sort their candy after trick-or-treat time.
- 24 pounds of candy is the average consumed each year.
- 38 percent of Americans wear costumes.
- 11.5 percent of Americans dress their pets in costumes.
- 50 percent of Americans decorate their yards for Halloween.