When you think about cultural differences, especially in the context of traveling to other countries, the first things that come to mind are probably language, food, and social customs. Sleep offers some surprises overseas, too. See what you know about sleeping abroad by taking this quiz.
- Where have some companies accepted napping at work as a way to improve workers’ focus and motivation?
- United Kingdom
- Where do groups or tribes sleep whenever they feel like sleeping?
- All of the above.
- Do men or women snore more at night, in general, around the world?
- Where do people go to sleep the earliest?
- United States
- South Africa
- Japan. Some companies are creating special rooms for napping.
- All of the above. Anthropologists have found in these countries, “…people sleep when they feel like it – during the day, in the evening, in the dead of night.”
- South Africa.